Are you feeling a lack of flavor in your favorite meals? A Charcoal Grill Smoker is just what you’re missing on then! Charcoal Grill smokers bring an enhanced smoky taste in the meal and make it tastier overall.
If you have never used a smoker earlier, then you are going to love it once you try it. Charcoal Smoker Grill Combo is one of the things that a lot of people love to use as it can bring so much more flavor to the food than cooking it like usual. Being the most amazing thing, it can be, it also has its own advantages and disadvantages. Today, we have brought to you the Best Charcoal Grill Smoker Combos in the Market with their respective features, pros, and cons.
Why buy a Grill Smoker Combo?
The Trend of Charcoal Grill Smoker Combos has never been any less popular. People have been using this method for a long time and almost everyone enjoys the fuller taste it brings to the food. People have been using them for years and the trend has always been forwarded. The amazing performance that these tools provide has always won the hearts and stomachs of people.
I know that the burnt coals from the Smoker can be messy at times, and there are cleaner options like Electric Smoker Grill Combos. While Electric Smoker Grill Combos are easier to use and easier to clean too, they are more expensive too, and also, they run on electricity.
On the other hand, Charcoal Grill Smoker Combos are relatively cheaper. These use charcoal as the heating up source, which is a natural affordable source of fuel. Charcoal Smokers may take a little more time in the cooking process, but the wait is worth the authentic taste it brings to the meal.
Talking of taste, Charcoal Grill Smoker Combo certainly brings a richer flavor to the meal. They can achieve much more authentic flavor than the Electric ones, also they are affordable. Food’s texture also comes way better in Charcoal Smokers because of the natural essence it furnishes.
Keeping all that in mind, we have arranged a list of 6 of the Best Charcoal Grill Smoker Combos with all their respective features, their advantages and also the disadvantages, so that it helps you decide which one is the best for you. You can compare them and examine them according to which feature comes in handy more for you and you can select the correct appliance that you need.
Best Charcoal Grill Smoker Combo Reviews:
1. Char-Griller E16620:
The Char-Griller E16620 Akorn Kamado Kooker Charcoal Grill Smoker is a great one to try if it’s your first time. It doesn’t break the bank and is very easy to handle. The Char-Griller has some features that make it stand out from the rest.
The smoker has an insulated design which means that it will stay heated for a longer time and less charcoal will be needed. The Double-walled construction helps the smoker to stay hot inside for a longer amount of time while the outside stays relatively cooler. Users have said that it is quite safe to use in the garden around children and pets.
The temperature of the grill might a bit of time to stabilize, but once it’s done, you’re good to go as it remains constant throughout the cooking period, regardless of the weather outside. Even cleaning the smoker is also pretty easy.
- Constructed with Cast Iron Grill Gate and Porcelain-coated body
- 314 square of grill space
- Available in Colors: Black, Blue, and Red
- Superior Heat Retention because of excellent insulation
- Double Wall Insulation keeps the exterior of the smoker cool
- Has a sleek design
- Very easy to assemble as the pieces come separately with a user’s guide
- Hooked tool for removing cooking grate is included in the package
- Comes with a 1-year guarantee
- Lightweight than others because of the porcelain-coated steel body
- Looks sleek
- The construction is pretty durable
- Easy to assemble
- The exterior doesn’t get highly heated up
- Takes practice to stabilize the heat
- Smoking accessories are not included
2. Weber 741001 Original Kettle Charcoal Grill:
The Weber 741001 Original Kettle 22-Inch Charcoal Grill is known to be one of the Best Charcoal Grill Smoker at an affordable price. Weber is known to be one of the best in the market because of its highly durable and user-friendly designs and construction.
The Weber 741001 Original Kettle comes with a steel cooking grate which is 22-inch in diameter. That is a good amount of space, and can also be said as 363 square inches of cooking space. It comes with a One-Touch clean feature- which makes it very easy to clean. After the grilling is done, gently pull the handle at the bottom and all the resided ash and debris will fall into the tray. Bottom Damper and Ash Pan are great additions.
The Smoker also comes with a classy and quality design, and the construction is quite strong too. It can last up to 10 years, which is pretty durable. If you’re looking for a high-performance Charcoal Grill Smoker that won’t break the bank, then the Weber 741001 is for you!
- 22-inch Cooking grate means a large cooking area
- Porcelain-enameled bowl and lid
- The handle is made of Nylon
- Comes with an Aluminum ash catcher
- Quality steel construction
- 2 rust-resistant vents
- Includes Lid hook
- Easy portability as it comes with 2 wheels at the bottom
- The heat retention is great
- One-Touch cleaning feature
- Comes with a 10-year limited warranty
- Reasonable price
- Easy to stabilize the temperature of the grill by adjusting the dampers
- Nylon handles don’t create barriers in lifting the lids in between grilling process
- Easy to maneuver because of the large Locking Wheels
- You can hang the lid on the side of the smoker using lid hook
- Very easy to clean
- Useful accessories are provided
- High-quality construction makes it very durable
- You can’t adjust the height of the grill
- The aluminum legs are insubstantial
- Lid thermometer placement
3. Weber 711001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 14-Inch Charcoal Smoker:
If you like to live in a small family and enjoy your time together by grill smoking, then the Weber 711001 Smokey Mountain Cooker is the smoker for you! It is a very high-performance smoker and very user-friendly, like all other Weber models. Doesn’t take many hours to master.
It is easy to adjust the temperature for Adjustable Top Damper and a lid thermometer is also provided. The construction is very strong and is very durable, it won’t rust or peel. It is also easy to refuel during smoking as the fuel door comes off.
However, the smoker also has its disadvantages for having a relatively small Grill Space. The 14-inch diameter might not be enough for a few dishes such as a whole turkey. Also, it is not suitable for big families or large groups of people.
- 14-inch cooking space
- Two Durable Cooking Grates
- Porcelain-enameled lid bowl
- Retains heat excellently
- Easy to control the temperature of the griller by adjusting the dampers
- Easy to add fuel like charcoal or wood during cooking as the fuel door comes out
- Rust-resistant metal legs
- Comes with a built-in lid thermometer
- Easy to carry as it is quite small
- Doesn’t catch rust easily
- Very durable
- Very user-friendly and easy to master
- Not for big families
- You can’t smoke a full turkey in it due to small space
4. Cuisinart COS-118 Vertical 18″ Charcoal Smoker:
The Cuisinart COS-118 Vertical 18” Charcoal Smoker is yet another affordable choice for big families. The smoker comes with a large grill space of 18 inches. You will find two racks of such. It gives you a total of 508 square inches of grill space so you can cook a good amount of food at a time.
The porcelain-enameled water bowl helps to hold the heat. The dual vent system also allows you to easily adjust the heat and maintain the temperature. The built-in lid thermometer and latching base come in handy too.
As it is a Vertical smoker, the door of the smoker is vertically hinged. That makes it easier to place the food. However, users complain about the exterior design peeling off and the damper or vents getting very hot to touch while cooking, so you’ll need assistance from some other accessories too. The ash management system is poor too. Overall, it can be a god purchase for money because of its size.
- Offers 508 square inches of cooking space
- Two 18 inches of stainless-steel racks
- Includes porcelain-enameled water bowl
- Easy temperature control for Dual Vent System
- Includes built-in lid thermometer
- Equipped with a latching base
- The door is vertically hinged
- Comes with a 3-year warranty
- Very easy to master
- Rust-resistant water pan
- Can be suitable for big families too
- Has a large capacity
- Very durable construction
- Has an issue with ash management
- Dampers sometimes get too hot to touch
- No user manual included
5. Char-Griller 5050 Duo Gas and Charcoal Grill:
The Char-Griller 5050 Duo Gas and Charcoal Grill is a vast Charcoal Grill Smoker. A great option for big families. The smoker offers a vast cooking space of 1260 square inches of grilling space so you can cook a lot at a time.
The cooking grates a made up of porcelain-coated cast iron. A benefit of the Smoker is that if you are in a hurry or have less time, you can go for the gas setting. Also, if you are looking for an authentic barbeque taste, you can use the charcoal smoker too.
However, this big smoker also has a few downsides of its own. The construction of the smoker is quite lightweight and the gas grill materials are not of the highest quality. That makes it less durable. It comes with a lot of parts, so you might lose some too. Overall, for the price, the Char-Griller 5050 is a good enough option to consider.
- Offers a total of 1260 square inches of grilling space
- Cooking grates are made up of porcelain-coated cast iron
- The steel body and lid are Barrel-shaped thermal painted
- 40800 BTU gas cooking chamber along with electric ignition and three burners
- Stainless-steel heat gauge
- 12000 BTU brass caped side burner is also included
- Each cooking chamber contains hood-mounted thermometers
- Grate height is adjustable for easy heat control
- Can be used as both the gas setting and charcoal side
- Provides vast cooking space
- Does not rust easily
- Excellent heat retention
- Lightweight construction makes it less durable
- Low-quality gas grill components
6. Char-Broil American Gourmet Offset Smoker Deluxe:
The Char-Broil American Gourmet Offset Smoker Deluxe is another highly appreciable model from the company. The Smoker has a good enough cooking space and can fit a lot of food in for cooking at once. The main chamber measures 670 square inches and the firebox chamber has 355 square inches of grill space.
The handles do not get too hot while cooking as they are chrome-plated. It is easy to control the temperature; however, the thermometer does not show the reading accurately most of the time. The grates are porcelain-coated and it is quite durable.
The cleanup process is also easy with the slide-out ashtray. The smoker also contains a storage rack to keep excess utensils or charcoal near. On the contrary, users complain about poor heat retention. It might take longer to cook the food.
- Chrome-plated cool-touch handles
- Easy temperature control due to multiple adjustable dampers
- Includes a storage rack
- 670 square inches of grill space in the main chamber
- 355 square inches of cooking space in the firebox chamber
- Porcelain-coated grate material
- Comes with a 1-year warranty
- Easy to clean with a slide-out ashtray
- Easy application and user-friendly model
- Has big enough cooking capacity to fit in a lot of food at once
- Easy to control heat and smoke
- Can hold extra cooking utensils and charcoal in the storage cart
- Not good at retaining the heat
- Users complain about the paint to come off
- Inaccurate temperature gauge
- Not for a quick meal
What should you look out for when buying a Grill Smoker Combo?
It is important to know how versatile the Charcoal Grill Smoker Combo is. Many different types of cuisines are meant to be prepared in a Grill Smoker but if it does not perform accordingly, then there’s no use of such a smoker. Make sure that the smoker has quality parts and doesn’t affect the cooking.
When buying a Charcoal Grill Smoker Combo, the size is a very important matter to look at. It depends on the size of your family, or for how big or small a group of people is going to use it. If you have a small family of 2-4 people, a small smoker of 14 inches would also suit. But if you have a much bigger family, you would need a big one. Grill Smoker Combos with big cooking capacity can prepare more food at a time.
Portability and Additional Features:
Portability is important too. You are not going to keep your smoker rusting in your garden forever. Maneuvering the smoker from inside the house to the garden or some other can be hasty, so if it has wheels, then it’s much easier to carry. Additional features such as built-in thermometers, storage carts, protected touch handles, one-touch cleaning features, gas setting, etc. are also very helpful at times.
Warranty and Parts:
A good brand that promises quality will never compromise on the quality of the parts of their products and the warranty they provide. When a company is confident about its product, they will, of course, provide a long warranty. If there is no warranty on a model, then it might not be safe to use as it might break easily and you can’t even hold the brand responsible for that. Also, make sure that the pats of the Grill Smoker are constructed of high-quality materials because cheap ones are not durable.
Smoker Grill Combo FAQS:
What is the Best Temperature for Barbequing?
For smoking meat, the best range of temperature is 200 to 230 degrees Fahrenheit. Most meats need to be cooked at an internal temperature of 145 degrees and poultry to 165 degrees. For a real tender Barbeque, around 180 degrees would be an ideal temperature.
What’s the Best Way to Care for a Smoker Grill?
Greasy Grill Grates and Carbon buildup in the lid do not improve the taste of your food, in fact, it deteriorates it. Always keep your cooking grates clean. Clean the interior of the cooking chamber after every use. The Charcoal Grills and gas grills need to be cleaned well.
Charcoal Grill Smoker Combos are used to prepare various cuisines. They develop an authentic and rich flavor to the food along with a delightful texture. The Charcoal Grill Smokers we have listed above are the Best Charcoal Grill Smoker in the market at a reasonable price. I hope this article helped you gain enough knowledge on Charcoal Grill Smoker Combo, so now you can easily head out to buy the one that’s right for you!